Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Quilts in Review Countdown - 3rd Most Favorite Quilt

Today's quilt is another batik baby. About seven years ago I was introduced to batiks and they have now taken over the sewing room stash. This was a quilt from my Breakfast Club that meets monthly. It is from Carrie Nelson's, "Schnibbles Times Two." Wonderful book...if you don't have it...get it.


I read her blog so I feel like I know Ms. Nelson so I'm just going to call her Carrie. I made this quilt with batiks from my stash and fat quarters I got at the Long Beach, CA quilt show. There was a booth selling Hoffman batik fat quarters for $1.75 - I bought over 70 and wish I had bought more because I have already used most of them.
The design is Plan C


Remember...I live in Alaska and we get very little sunlight right now so lighting conditions for photos is horrible. I really had a hard time getting a good shot so this summer when the sun is up for 22 hours I'll try and get a better one.
Plan C - 87x92

This is a queen-sized quilt. I made two Euro pillowshams using the Plan C pattern for charms.

 
Plan C pillowsham - 27x27
I had the purple batik and the light mottled background in my stash and used every inch of the 4 yards I had of each. Carrie had a different technique for making flying geese that was wonderful. Plus I learned some other great stuff  - so like I said before - if you don't have this book - get it. 

1 comment:

Diane said...

love it-I have the book and was just looking through it last evening....