Friday, December 31, 2010

Most Favorite Quilt of 2010

You know that saying, "I saved the best for last." This quit is from the book:


I went straight for the biggest challenge in the book...the last design:



My Rendition - Blazing Autumn
84 x 95

I don't know why but I usually make quilts bigger than the original design. Four columns just didn't look finished. I also added a 13th color to the strip line-up even though the pattern called for 12 colors. That created a serendipitous match of the mid-point orange where the mini strips intersect the colors of the large strips. It all started with the border fabric which I bought on vacation in Kauai. I didn't have an inch of it left. I searched the internet for days but never found it again. I'm pretty sure it is Hoffman Batik.

I'll share my day with the Breakfast Club in tomorrow's post. Several fun quilts from show and tell. It will be a great way to start the New Year.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have seen that book several times over the years and always think to get it and then don't for some reason. Your quilt looks great!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/