Monday, January 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday

It's a new week and a new project is in the works...
Big decision to make...
My Breakfast Club meets on Thursday and we are making Carrie Nelson's McGuffey pattern from her "Schnibbles Times Two," book. 


Do I make the smaller size and go with a Christmas theme...


Or go bigger and use batiks...


I just don't know!

This weekend I completed a quilt on my Nolting Fun Quilter and got the quilting design worked out for the next quilt project.


I'd love to finish it by Thursday which would mean ignoring everything else (house cleaning...ewh).



8 comments:

Cathy said...

I like the contrast in the Christmas fabrics better for that quilt, that the batiks. But, I love that quilt. Hmmmmmm, another idea for 2 1/2 inch strips that are spilling out of their drawer. What are you using to draw your quilting designs on over top of your quilts? It looks like a good idea.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the Schnibbles Times Two - I need to get some more of her patterns they are enjoyable to make.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Tamera said...

OK. I know this sounds crazy, but this is what I do when I have a decision like this to make.

I flip a coin.

Heads, you do the Christmas quilt; tails, you do it in batiks. Then, listen to your first reaction. If it's heads and your first though is, "Oh, I really wanted to do the other quilt," then you know that you really wanted to do the other. If your first reaction is, "Oh good!" then you know that you really want to do the Christmas quilt.

Obviously, I don't use this for big decisions, but for little things like this, I do it sometimes.

Sounds goofy, but it works for me, lol.

Sarah said...

Housework can always wait! Love that pattern, looks a lot like the "Bento Box" I've done but the piano key border adds a lot. I agree the Christmas fabric has more contrast which will be great for this pattern.

Happy Quilter said...

I love your quilt. The colors are perfect.

Barb in Mi said...

Love the pattern!
Hmmm, I probably would go for the Batiks and hold the x-mas fabric until October / November 2011. The batiks may be 'softer' in color, but sure will look great in this Schnibbles pattern. Decisions, decisions...

Chris said...

I love Schnibbles. The Christmas one will be lovely.

Quilter Kathy said...

I vote for BOTH!