Sunday, January 9, 2011

Little Fires

I have a lot of little fires going and I've been working in EQ7 so time has just flown out the window.

First - an update on  my son, John's TV debut. He is in the Explosive Cargo episode of  Alaska Wing Men on Monday, National Geographic channel. Here's a 3 minute promo for the show with my son in it: Explosive Cargo My husband was so excited his float plane made the show...and it's in the promo...it shows his blue and white float plane (Cessna 206 - just in case you know airplanes) landing and delivering John for the Bush Pilot course.

I went fabric shopping Friday and had a grand time. One thing we have plenty of in the Anchorage area is quilt shops. I have 7 great shops within 30 minutes of my house. It's time for new classes to start at all the shops so I had new quilts to check out from the class samples. And when I got home I had a package of fabric in the mail. It was a great day! My husband asked if I needed any more fabric...

My husbands toys are airplanes and boats...

Not that it's a contest or anything but I think we spend a lot more money on his toys than my fabric.

...On to a few pictures of my stash additions


Hoffman batik fat quarter bundles...yummy...this is Sangria


Chamomile....so relaxing


Honeysuckle

I do have projects in mind for these sets...bought the book Fat Quarters Anonymous last summer and saw all the quilts at the Long Beach quilt show. It's a Cozy Quilt Design book so lots of easy designs. Now it's back to all those little fires.



No comments: