Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

It's always exciting to start a new year. I have so many projects planned. I'm hoping this blog will help keep me on track without keeping me at the computer too much.

As promised - a look at some of the show and tell from the monthly Breakfast Club meeting. First a little background. A quilt is selected every month as our project but often one or more ladies will decided to work on something else. November's project was Kitchen Sink from Scrap-Basket Surprises. The goal was to use fabrics folks already had...no new purchases.  (My photos are not the best...practice makes perfect.)


This is Gina's Kitchen Sink. She used some fabrics collected many years ago that she wasn't as fond of anymore.  A nice warm feeling to this quilt.


This is Carol's Kitchen Sink made with Thimbleberries. I bet some of those fabrics look familiar to a lot of folks.

Next up are two quilts from Bobbie who works at a school so we don't see her as often as we'd like.


Show and tell goes so fast I am really glad to get another look at this wall hanging. 


And here is Bobbie's Scrap-Basket Blues, another great design from Scrap-Basket Surprises. I believe Bobbie is planning to put a blue border on from her stash. I think all this was from her stash...she said she even has fabric stored at a friend's house because she ran out of space in her sewing room. I never thought of that!

Next, two quilts from Midge. First is Autumn Braid from September's class. It's a Cozy Strip Club pattern. I didn't tackle that project but I think they made one long braid and cut it to the sizes needed for the windows. 


Love that background fabric. Midge's second quilt is an individual project. (Things to learn for future blog postings...take close-up photos to show the quilting.)  Midge hand-quilted this entire quilt and is just finishing up the binding. I don't think there was more than 1/2'' of open space. Amazing. My hand hurts just thinking about it.

And finally my spin on Bali Sea Stars. 


We got a great start on our Debbie Caffrey Mystery. Just to add to my subject matter for postings I'll share the steps for that as I complete them. I'm very close to having step one done. 




No comments: