Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Skipping

As in stitches...ARGH! Everything was going so smoothly. I am on the bottom border of my first thread color...so excited to finish and change thread color...but no...all of the sudden I'm skipping stitches. The trials of machine quilting. Checked the timing...it needed fixing. Put in a new needle. Loosened the tension of the quilt top. Still skipping. It must have to do with the humidity...of course...we got a little snow today. At this point I'll take any reason...I'm sure I will work through it.

I had a visit with the vet today, my baby Forrest needs to have an eye removed. He lost sight in it last September...a blood vessel broke in a very bad place causing blindness...no idea why. Cancer has been a big fear but so far he looks and acts great. (Lymphoma was a big concern but that would have run its course in 3 to 4 months so we made it past that hurdle.) He turned one in October and has survived two other health crisis in his young life. I really hope I have him for many more years. I know many of us share struggles with family pets...it's not easy to make these very expensive decisions. He has glaucoma in the eye which requires regular medication so it's not so simple to just stay with the status quo. He sure is a happy boy. 

I thought I'd share a picture of two companion quilts I gave to my mother-in-law, Judy,  for Christmas.


Twin-sized, Yellow Brick Road pattern made with Moda Roman Holiday fat quarters. Judy is a quilter and she is planning to share them at her guild meeting this month. She lives in Marble Falls, Texas. I knew Judy liked this line of fabric because she bought some of it to make a quilt which went to one of her granddaughters.


This quilt went to my sister-in-law, Tara, in Houston. Not a great photo but I thought it was perfect for her...her home is fairly traditional in jewel tones. This will be a nice Christmas throw for those chilly winter nights in Houston (when they really crank the air conditioning.)

I understand my other two sister-in-laws are anxious to get their Christmas quilts! I'm happy to take on that task. No more talking about which quilts that might be until after Christmas.

Time to go snuggle with Forrest and Jenny.




1 comment:

Barb in Mi said...

Hey, saw this tool on Greenfairy's blog - check it out - mayeb it ehlsp your skipping:
http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com/2011/01/tools-of-sanity.html

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Just wanted to let you know that you are a 'no reply' blogger, meaning: nobody can answer the nice comments you make. Usually people will email you when you leave a comment. You can change your profile to allow replys - check Bonnie's quiltville blog: she has a description of how to do it. Just pick one of her post and click the comment button and she has a smal blurb of how to do it. But maybe now I bored you to pieces and you don't want to get email - then sorry, I bothered you :-)