Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

The 2011 Iditarod ended today. Heather Siirtola finished 46th out of 47 mushers. There was a storm that she battled the last 12 hours of the trail. My Iditaquilt patiently waits for the mail lady to deliver our thread.

In the mean time...I had a birthday yesterday. I spent it working on Henrietta Whisker blocks, watching DVDs and walking my dogs. A very lovely day. 


Block 2 -I was sew excited to see a pumpkin in this design since I had a lovely piece of orange hand-dyed wool...I'm still thinking about the stars...they might get more attention later.


Block 3 - I think the acorns are just adorable. Batik can be a little challenging with hand applique...the Acorn Lane sign is on a piece of batik that is particularly tightly woven...but it's done!


Here's the first row. Not too late to partake...Click the Henrietta Whiskers button on the top right of my blog and download the free patterns. Very generous of Anne Sutton.

And I also got caught up on the Layer Cake Quilt Along


Block 10...a pretty pattern of a flower...a bit of a challenge with my layer cake made up of cream, blue and brown batiks but it looks recognizable.


And here are all the blocks together. I guess we only have two more to go...very exciting.  I bought a matching set of 2 1/2 strips in the Tonga Treat Coffee Cake colorway to help finish the blocks and I think they will be useful for the final setting and/or border.



No comments: