Monday, August 8, 2011

Design Wall Monday

August in Alaska typically means lots of rain. So far we are having a typical August. It's hard to believe, but in two months it will most likely be snow.

Lots of rain also typically means lots of sewing. Since I've been worried about my missing dog, Forrest, I can only tackle projects that don't require much thinking. An extensive paper piecing project is perfect. I have pieced  112  - 8 inch blocks. The last 32 blocks are ready to be sewn together.

 
I see so many adaptions of my original pattern in the future...sew exciting. This version is a king size. 


My second ongoing project this week is a disappearing nine patch that needs to be saved from murkiness. I'm playing in EQ7 and will probably combine a second block into the quilt. I started this the day after Forrest went missing so I didn't think it all through. Now I need to try and save my mess.

Meet my newest addition to the studio...


A Bernina 1260. I've been wanting one of these for several years and I finally found it at the price I wanted on Ebay right after our return home from rafting the Grand Canyon. This is a major therapy investment. My first Bernina was an 1130 which my first Bernese Mountain Dog, Greta, destroyed. It was a bad day in the studio. I'll have to do a post someday about sewing machine destruction...I have a couple of stories.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Good luck on your murkiness rescue :)

Happy Quilter said...

While I love our quilts, I am as worried about your dog as you are. All my best on finding him. I don't think your quilt looks too murky and I love your blue and white quilt.

Katie Z. said...

The paperpieced blocks are my favorite colors!

Michelle said...

That's a LOT of paper piecing! I'm trying to imagine how a dog destroys a sewing machine... are your going to post the story soon?