Monday, August 15, 2011

Design Wall Monday


I'm working on Henrietta Whiskers...I'm running out of wool in my stash. I have two greens for the "nut" house.


This nut house is too dark.


This nut house is a little to bright for the rest of the quilt.


Although it may be growing on me.
I don't have a good source of wool locally and I'm getting tired of ordering on the internet and waiting...and then not really having what I want. Anyone have a good internet source for hand dyed felted wool? I'd love to get a great sampler pack instead of ordering by the piece. I need a big quilt show to got to with lots of vendors!

I'm very happy with my "Chugach Mountain Hike," quilt top. 


I  really need to get back to quilting...my tops are stacking up. 

6 comments:

marcella said...

I like the brighter green nut house in the photo. It really adds some sparkle to the top.

Beautiful job on the mountain hike top too!

Ellen said...

I loved your quilt. Where would I find that pattern? I have a good friend who loves fall anything and she would love this quilt.

Thanks!

Angie in SoCal said...

Like Marcella, I like the green one. One source I've found for wool is the local Goodwill store. I buy a coat or jacket and repurpose the wool.

Lori said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Love the wools and Fall colors.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I'm also doing Henreitta Whiskers too and I wish I'd done it in wool. Sorry I don't have a source for you--just wanted to tell you how great your quilt is!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Your quilt top is beautiful. Your post to my blog made me smile and it's a joy to return to your blog again for a visit.

Sorry no help with the wool though. On my own wish list is a local quilt shop that will carry good quality quilting thread.