Sunday, October 16, 2011

Working on the Weekend

I did get some work done on quilt projects...it's been awhile since that has happened. 


My Henrietta Whiskers quilt is coming right along. Time to stitch around the wool appliques on the top and bottom borders...then it will be ready to quilt! Though I didn't get it done in time to hang this fall, it sure will be pretty for next year. I would never have made this quilt if it hadn't been for the generous gift Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs gave to the blogging community. It's really been fun to participate and see how other quilters treated the design. It was my first time working with wool applique. I thought it was great...of course I  did...because hand-dyed wool is very expensive...that's just what I need...something else to collect.


I have an official finish. I just finished stitching the binding on this beauty. The design probably looks very familiar. It's from Kim Brackett's first book, "Scrap-Basket Surprises." The design is Snail Takes a Detour. All these batiks were in my stash...it's so important to have a well-stocked stash. I highly recommend this pattern...no points to match up! It went very quickly. The saw-tooth border was my addition...I just have to do something with all those scrap pieces trimmed from the stitch-and-flip method to make the angles...it's a natural half-square triangle begging to be made and used.

8 comments:

Lynette said...

Whoa - That's a stash-buster I really must make. Thanks for the share. Henrietta Whiskers is adorable!

kellsgal said...

Hi Debbie, I love the borders. I miss you all. Thanks for sharing. I visit often.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I love your pretty, light Henreitta! My blocks are made and I have to admit, the color palette I chose from my stash is a little dark for my taste. I'm having trouble finding just the right border too but I'm working on it. And I'll have to look up that Scrap Basket Surprises book. LOVE that quilt!

Rosa said...

Your BOMs, are awesome .Well done!!

Amy said...

Very nice! I really like your snails quilt.

Michelle said...

I'd forgotten about Snail Takes a Detour -- gotta add that to my to do list... Yours looks great!

Gari in AL said...

I love your snails trail: I think I would enjoy making that quilt, too. I still haven't finished my Henrietta: love your's. I was so bummed when she said she wasn't going to do anymore BOMs (I have done 3) that I just kind of put it down. I guess I need to finish it up so I can enjoy it, too.

Rhonda said...

Love your quilts. I was born in Anchorage, and lived in Alaska (homesteading up by Talkeetna when young, then in Anchorage, and Homer) most my life. Have now been in Oregon since late 1991. Can't take winters much anymore and LOVE sunshine. LOL