Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mission Accomplished

I feel like a celebration is in order. I have met my sewing goal for the week. I finished this stocking. 


"Bear Arabesque"


Here's my little ballerina in her tutu. I spent hours making her today. Before you think I am a genius for designing this adorable endeavor...


the credit goes to Jodi Warner of Hearthsewn Designs. This is the 16th stocking I have made from her patterns with detachable bears...and I still have five of her designs I haven't finished yet. Christmas stockings are a bit of an obsession with me as you will learn more about in the coming weeks as I share my Christmas decorating. I suppose it's my grown-up substitute for making dolls clothes.

I do have a tip to share regarding piping. My favorite piping stuffer is yarn.


I picked up that trick years ago when I made hand-smocked clothing. Much softer and cheaper than cording and yarns come in all kinds of widths. It works great for me.

I almost forgot...


I also finished this ornament. It was a nice break for my hands...they got sore from hand quilting.

Since this week went so well I might as well set this stocking as the goal for this week.


"Confectionery Bear"

6 comments:

Denise :) said...

The stocking is absolutely darling! What a great finish! I can't wait to see the Confectionery Bear finished!! Have a happy week! :)

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness, but that is one of the cutest things ever. I love that stocking!!

Angie in SoCal said...

That is a darling pink stocking!

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely adorable stocking...great job!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, those stockings are SO CUTE!! So fun to see someone getting in the Christmas spirit. Hope some of that will rub off on me! I'm still in denial, though I realized this morning that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK. what???...

Good luck with all your projects!

Bonnie said...

And who is the lucky recipient of that darling stocking? I love your brighter pink. Too, too cute.

Is your drummer cross stitched on paper? He's great too. I just finished two little halloween ornaments to go on my Halloween tree next year.