Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday Recharge

I had a much needed day of quilting. (My brain was going to explode if I didn't take a break from looking at lighting fixtures). It was my monthly meeting day for Breakfast Club and today we tackled a quick project called "Sidelights," by Kari Nichols.


I took the opportunity to raid my stash and did it up in batiks (of course!).


I had everything cut out before our meeting except the outer most border so that's where I stopped today. I "biggie" sized my version and added an extra block so my quilt will be a generous lap...maybe even a twin. I'll figure that out when I cut my borders. Very fun to get a quilt top done so quickly that looks pretty cute! Almost everyone got as far as I did...one person actually finished his top. I hope everyone brings their completed tops next month so I can get a picture of them all...they were all so different.

This is an incredibly fast quilt to put together and if you have some panel prints sitting in your fabric stash you might want to think about actually making them into a quilt. I avoid panels so I didn't have any to use but several ladies did and...wow...they looked great!

I also shared my completed ballet stocking and brought along a few of my other favorites to share.


"Bear in the Bag"


"Bear Below Zero "


"Bear Down the Slope"

Check out Hearthsewn Patterns to see more bear inspired designs.

3 comments:

Kathy Schwartz said...

Those stocking are adorable!
Love the batik quilt too. I'll have to suggest this pattern for the guild as we are always looking for fast quilts to make for comfort quilts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are both great - but I like the batik one the best - so pretty!

Baker_ia said...

I really love those stocking thank you for the web site link. I do belive I am going to have to go and order some of the patterns. The Ballerina one is darling too.