Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Weather Outside is Frightful

Here's a little weather pic outside my sewing studio. No animals in sight today...but you just never know when a moose is going to pass through.


Christmas is my favorite holiday and Alaska winters definitely need some Christmas Cheer. It's time to start decorating...especially getting those bright lights up everywhere to combat the darkness. But first I had to hit a local quilt shop that had a 30% coupon off anything in the store. I bought a new book.


I do love Carrie's books. My favorite part is to read how she came about the name for each quilt. What a talent she has for writing. She was a great companion while I was eating lunch. 


I am through with hand quilting the front of this stocking. I need to sew a little bear in a tutu and add some embellishments. Maybe I will get it done by Monday and make my one, and only sewing goal for the week!


Someone wants to take a walk in the snow. He knows I ate two cookies with my lunch. I'm sure he's just thinking about my health. Just got a little sympathy whine from Jenny...and another one. I bet we won't be the only ones out walking in the light snow. Git R Done. Decorate later.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a pretty picture of the snow - I wondered how much snow you got from the massive storm that went through Alaska.
Karen