Monday, December 5, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Getting Ready for Christmas

I almost didn't post today...I feel like there is so little going on in the sewing room...but I am working a little bit on another bear stocking.


I just have a little applique work with holly leaves to get this ready for hand quilting.


Here are the next two waiting to be made...these will have to go on that pesky list that only gets longer...the list of projects I want to start.

I've also been working on some of my Bucilla felt projects. Here are some ornaments that have been in the works for a couple of years.


Some adorable little snowmen that need some black top hats, winter scarves and some Christmas doo-dads to hold.


Some Santas who need pompoms on the top of their hats and also some Christmas doo-dads to hold. Seems doable before Christmas!


I'm making some progress on the doo-dads...see the little stockings two get to hold!

I also want to share my favorite organizing helpers. Cosmetic bags and fishing tackle boxes...what a combo.


I got a set of matching cosmetic bags several years ago at a screaming price right after Christmas. They are sturdy...pretty colors (I love lime green.) and so much cheaper than bags made especially for carting around handcrafts. Look for a cute set when every thing gets slashed in price after Christmas.


I found these wonderful fishing tackle boxes on one of the rare trips I made to Sportsman's Warehouse many years ago. I only go there once a year and looks like it's that time of year again to check the place for stocking stuffers. Maybe I will find some more nifty organizers for myself while I'm there. These are perfect for storing the beads and sequins that come with the Bucilla felt kits. Each section has a lid that pops up separately. The key is to find cases with lids that close firmly, stay closed but will also open without a huge effort. Seems simple but a lot of the organizers I have gotten from my local beading store open too easily and mean lots of spills.

1 comment:

Sue Daurio said...

Those snowmen and Santa's are sooooo cute!! I love the Bear in High Gear stocking, those are really unique. Don't you just love this time of year?