Friday, August 31, 2012

Show Time

I was delayed with my post today but finally it's time to see what the ladies of Breakfast Club have accomplished.
This is June's Breakfast Club project, "3,6,9" This is Marie's completed queen-sized top. I bought this kit too and am still plugging away.


Marie had more to share. She took a class using the cotton theory technique where you quilt as you go and have a completely reversible quilt when done. Marie made this placemat...so sorry I didn't get a picture of the other side.


Marie made this adorable top for a quilt she plans to donate to her church.


This was Marie's final project, July's Breakfast Club pattern. 
This is "Strip Stacks," from G.E. Designs. It uses pieces that are 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" so it's great for scraps or jelly rolls. I love these batiks.


Here is Jane's version. She used scraps from previous quilt projects. What a great way to get a little memento of past projects.


This is Kathy's Fall quilt...she just threw it together.


Here's another great quilt for the coming Fall season pieced by Maret and quilted by Carol from our group. This is a Lisa Moore pattern, "I Spy Alaska." This pattern works great with theme fabrics.


Carol quilted another top for Maret, a "BQ3," pattern from Maple Island. Another pattern great for theme fabrics...this one has snow machines...or as those of you not from Alaska would say...snowmobiles.


August's Breakfast Club pattern was a Moda's Bakeshop, "Cross-Terrain." I didn't start this one but is sure is tempting. It is jelly roll friendly...I have a lot of jelly rolls. This is a freebie you can download it here.


And here's a preview of September's pattern for Breakfast Club.


This screams Christmas prints to me! The little runner is made from the quilt top's scraps. I'm planning on making this one.


4 comments:

Suz J said...

What a busy bunch of ladies! I had to giggle at the one "just thrown together" - why does that never happen to me?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bought the book Cotton Theory and at one time thought I might try to use it for a small quilt by machine but I think I would need to see how it works first! I couldn't really figure it out - I guess that is me and machines :)
Good show and tell like usual.
Karen

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow so many lovelies for you to see at your get together! Hopefully there was plenty of happy gabbing too.

Bonnie said...

thanks for the great show and tell here. I really like September's pattern for Breakfast Club. And, I think it was the only one you didn't say where the pattern came from! Now, honestly I don't need to start a new quilt but that one does call to me.