Sunday, October 7, 2012

In Transition

Hope you noticed the change to my blog. I'm trying to put a happy twist on a tough week. Sadly, the dogs have left our home and as a consequence...they aren't a prominent part of my blog anymore. I will share any photos their new family sends my way...I will need a little Bernese Mountain Dog break now and then.

As fate would have it, the dog kennel just got put up the day before I gave the dogs up. It's right off my studio. It will have new inhabitants in about five years. My husband and I have already started a list of names for puppies...mostly French names. My current favorites are Gaston and Isabelle (Belle for short). I love the music from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I know Bell doesn't wind up with Gaston but it's a good name.


Not much of anything going on at our house but scrapping glue off the basement floor. It's slow and tedious. I have to use a heat gun to soften the glue...then scrap. My arms and hands are beyond tired. But...looks like tiling will start of Tuesday. I had a few moments of panic when I thought the tile I had picked out was all gone. I found three pallets at one of Anchorage's three Lowe's...what a relief!


There were a few idle moments when I found time to work with a needle. Santa got his beach umbrella. The sand castle is sew close to being finished. It requires a toothpick for a flag...I didn't have any and it took me several trips to the grocery store to remember to buy some. 


I'm joining Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday. She has a blogger from France that has linked up too! It is a small world.

8 comments:

Suz J said...

Love your header - I'll miss the dogs too... but look forward to seeing what adventures you get up to.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you must be excited to start your new venture - when do you leave for Paris? I'm glad the dogs are with someone who will love them that will make the parting a little easier I feel - I hope you do too :)
I have been there and done that with floors! I will need to repeat the process again one day on my bathroom floor - the kitchen/dinning area floors need to be redone but I don't think I have too much to take up under these tiles - they were the very cheap stick on kind - bought years ago and so in need of redoing - maybe this winter I will give it a shot.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yes...maybe you can meet up with her...that would be great fun! Amazing that you found energy for some hand stitching when you are doing such labour intensive work. Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching:)

Kate said...

Your ornaments are so very cute.

Lynette said...

Hey! I love your new header! Looks super fantastic. :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh Hugs... that will be a big change - but think of all the cool stuff you will be doing....

Karen L. said...

Hi, I recently found you through Karen over at Quilts ... etc. I have enjoyed reading through some of your past blog posts. This one sort of broke my heart. It must have been hard giving up your dogs .... and boy are they ever DOGS! Real beauties! Anyway, I am sorry to hear that you had to do this but what a wonderful opportunity you are getting with the job opportunity in France. It is not forever and so what a wonderful chance to get to see/hear/experience another country. Wonder what the quilting world will be like over there?

Sand and Sunshine said...

Transition, that is the exact word for all that your going through and then to add the arm ache from the heat gun to boot. Geez.