Friday, December 21, 2012

Enjoying the View

What a delight it is to share Paris with our son, Zack. Due to flight delays he arrived just as rush hour(s) began. My husband was able to drop me off at the Charles De Gaul airport but then he had to go to work. Our plan was for us to get a taxi ride home which usually takes at least an hour...but as we looked at the traffic we knew it could take three hours. So I made the decision to take the train system back to the apartment. 

It was rush hour on the train system too! There were a few hiccups but after making connections to three different trains...we made it to our apartment within an hour and 15 minutes from leaving the airport. Zack took a quick shower then we went to dinner at a nearby bistro and on the way home I took him by the Eiffel Tower...it really doesn't get much better than that!


He has actually expressed an interest in going shopping for some clothes! I know just where to take him...and the Starbucks is on the way. We'll definitely hit some iconic spots in Paris today.

I might not work too much on sewing or hand stitching but here's where I am at on my "Christmas in Oz," stocking and ornament set.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

How fun for him to "have" to go to Paris. :D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you will enjoy yourself and maybe even find some new places to see with your son - glad he arrived safely

Cathy said...

What a beautiful picture!! And looking at your stocking makes me want to start another one. LOL