Sunday, January 20, 2013

Stitching Sunday


What's this? Snow...in Paris? Nobody told me about this! It has been snowing most of today. We got about three inches of snow on Friday night and some of it stuck around through Saturday. No sign of snow plows in Paris...we just get to deal with it! Good thing we have the metro to get around...most of those trains are underground.

Last week we spent everyday at intensive French lessons. We get the next week off only because my husband has to go on a business trip. That means some sewing time for me.

A little bit of progress on this stocking, "Woodland Holidays." I need to appliqué about 40 holly leaves.

8 comments:

Lynette said...

I really like that stocking! May have to look the kit up.

Teresa in Music City said...

My goodness - it looks absolutely freezing in Paris! Love that picture :*) Your stocking is going to be adorable - but 40 holly leaves? Wow!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

snow looks beautiful - they don't clear the streets? maybe it melts before they need to?
How are the French lessons going?

Stella Nemeth said...

So pretty! It looks like fun.

Quilter Kathy said...

Tres bien! C'est fantastique mon amie!
Pretty good french, n'est pas??!
Good luck with the lessons and keep using your stitching to destress...stitching is it's own language!
Thanks for linking up!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love you stocking. I don't know if I could work on a Christmas project after Christmas, can't wait to see it completed

Deb A said...

Such a pretty stocking. Love the picture of the snow in Paris. Very pretty.

Cathy Tomm said...

Yes funny to think of snow in Paris. Your sock is great travel hand sewing.