Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Progress Report

I have finished another house....only one left! As I work on these houses I keep imagining them in batik...with pretty blue skies. The homespun plaids are not good with foundation piecing...it would look so much better appliquéd but too late now! Here is my confession. I bought this kit on Ebay many years ago for $24...everything included. I can "afford," to make mistakes...and of course it will look lovely in the end.


I also finished a cross-stitched ornament. Love Santa's quilt. 

Our French lessons are progressing slowly. We are going to need another two weeks of immersion-type lessons. About the time we are able to speak conversationally in French, I will be heading back to Alaska for a few months.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh no, then you will need to start lessons all over again! I can just see you doing French lessons for 5 years :) but you will like to get back home to Alaska for the summer I bet!

Cathy said...

It's always good to stretch your boundaries and use fabric and colours that you normally wouldn't. I've done that before, and have been usually happy with the results.

Yvette said...

I love your houses! I went back and checked them all out. I look forward to seeing this put together. I am always drawn to house quilts.