Friday, March 1, 2013

Almost a Finish

I have gotten as far as I can with this quilt top until I return to Alaska..."Irish Mist."



I have the border fabric but I neglected to bring more than eight straight pins and a measuring tape in inches...so I think to do the borders correctly I should just wait. I'm looking forward to doing some intricate machine quilting in the large areas of background fabric. I really enjoyed this pattern...the directions were excellent. The finished size is supposed to be 68x80 inches. It's a quilt that looks like it took a whole lot more effort to make than it really did! 


Here'a a shot of the back cover...sorry it's not the best picture...but you get a look at the other projects included in this book.



I am excited to start the second kit I bought at the Houston Quilt Show....also a star pattern...a Lone Star. This one will be a little more difficult! Woodland Star by Plum Tree Quilts.



 The fabrics in this kit are so awesome...my favorite combination...blue and brown batiks. Here's the border fabric...I think I should buy a bolt of this fabric...I love it!


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great finish - I bet you know no more of what to bring back with you to Paris!

Cathy said...

I love both those quilts, but especially the lone star. I think that has to be one of my favourite patterns. And that fabric....... gorgeous. You definitely need at least a bolt of it. LOL