Monday, March 11, 2013

Karma

Do you believe in Karma?

What are the chances I would find this desk pictured below in my furnished Paris apartment?


Sewing Karma!


Isn't this amazing? 


The machine is filthy. The hand wheel turns but not smoothly.

It has a motor on the back side.


From the internet I have been able to figure out it is a Singer 15-90.

On the front there is a metal sign that says...


The cabinet is in great condition. No accessories to the machine are in sight. I have a few years to think about it...but I may approach the owner about selling it to me. Here's my favorite part of the machine.


"Fabrication française"

5 comments:

Calicojoan said...

I have my mother in laws old treadle machine. I sure wish I had learned how to use it when she was alive. She always sewed on it, and I can't seem to make it work, past a few stitches! Have fun with your find!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you mean the sewing machine was in it too? how neat.

Angie said...

I DO believe in Karma and you are one lucky girl. :D

Sand and Sunshine said...

How neat! I wonder what service it needs?

Lynette said...

No way!! How cool is that? It was just in the apartment already? :D