Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Bit of a Change

Lets just get the bad news out of the way...it snowed yesterday!


I was thrilled to be in my car again even if I had crummy weather...that's what all-wheel drive is for! 

Here is the view from the backside of our Alaskan home...absolutely no neighbors that direction until you get over those mountains.


The west side of the house...no neighbor for about three-quarters of a mile.


We have neighbors on the east side of the house...not too close.


And the view from the front side. "Silence," is the sound I hear the most.


I love my high-speed internet! My American washer and dryer! My spacious American house. Enjoying my modern conveniences. The best was having both our sons over for dinner last night! Today all my menfolk are at the annual airplane trade show in Anchorage. I'm puttering in my spacious sewing room!!!!

Here's a recap of the view from our Paris apartment.


Missing the great food in Paris...Alaska's produce has always been icky...seems completely horrible now!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I would love having my car and the view! the snow - well it will leave soon won't it. The Parisian food - well you will go back to it right. Are you ready to start quilting or are you still unpacking - I remember you had just moved in before you left LOL

Kathy Schwartz said...

Welcome back! :)

Jen said...

LOL, I warned you about summer not being here. Glad you made it safely. Enjoy the comforts of home for awhile.
Take care,
Jen

Cathy said...

That is quite the contrast in neighbourhoods!!! I hope the silence doesn't keep you awake nights, after living with all the traffic noise for the past few months. Glad you are back. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your wildlife sightings photos.

Donna quilts said...

It looks like your home is in a beautiful spot! Although I would love the quiet, I can appreciate the energy of living in a city.