Sunday, June 16, 2013

Stitching Sunday

Another week has whipped by...another glorious week! I definitely have not been spending time in my sewing room...the view from the top of our driveway this  morning.


We've had perfect weather for days...we are even supposed to get into the eighties this week. We get those temperatures about once every ten years.


I should work on my landscaping...but I still have so much to get done inside the house I just don't have enough brain bytes left to tackle that design issue.

No bears seen lately but moose are always close by. Here's the mama one morning...saw her from our stairway window so the focus is a little soft.


Haven't seen the babies lately but I'm not worried. With all the vegetation filling in they could be pretty close but camouflaged. 

I'm working on the label for Batiki Argyle. I decided to stitch it by hand. This quilt is going to someone pretty special to one of my sons so I'm taking the extra steps to make it that much more special.


This is the first summer I haven't planted any container flowers but I'm only here a few more weeks...and how was I supposed to know this was going to be one of those, "once every ten years," kind of summers! The municipality of Anchorage does a fabulous job of covering the area in flowers...and they always do such interesting combinations. 


I'm linking up with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday. Check out what some other ladies are stitching by hand.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful scenery - I wouldn't want to be in Paris but then I remember how cold your winters are! Maybe it is better winter in one place summer in another! I love your mountains and your moose

Karen L. said...

I know you are headed back to Paris in the near future and wondered if you have seen the Eiffel Tower or Paris quilt patterns? When I spotted one of these in my local shop, I immediately thought of you. Check these out:

http://www.thelittlehuntingcreekcompany.com/eiffelquiltpatternbymetropolitanquilts.aspx

https://www.connectingthreads.com/patterns/Paris_and_Eiffel_Tower_Ornament_Pattern_Download__D10483D.html

http://lunchboxquilts.com/shop/product/ooh-la-la/

Don't know that you are the least bit interested but thought I would share them just in case .....

Quilter Kathy said...

A great idea to hand stitch a special label.
What gorgeous scenery you are enjoying :)

Lynette said...

May was so crazy for me, and then the fire wiped out the past week and half - I totally missed that you are back in Alaska for the summer! How terrific to be able to spend time in both places for a few years - you get to enjoy the best of each place and get away from the yucky parts when it's time to switch. :)