Thursday, August 15, 2013

Island Chain Fiesta

I finished this quilt about a month ago and was in pursuit of a cool location to take photos. Unfortunately, I see it thrown on a beautiful tropical beach so I just drug my heels about photographing it. Oh well...I'll settle for a gorgeous sunny day!


Variation of Island Chain from Kim Brackett's Scrap-Basket Sensations. 


I had lots of fun with the quilting design. I used two layers of Hobbs Heirloom batting.


I did a pieced backing...I rarely do this and I'm so proud of myself because I got my quilting design centered just like I wanted...sweet!


Made from my stash! It will be great hanging in my entry if I throw a Fiesta party. Makes me want a margarita with some salsa and chips. 

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your sure have a lovely stash and now a lovely quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful colors! do you use 2 layers of batting for added warmth for when you use it on your bed - or is it two layers for added dimension for your quilting design?

Donna quilts said...

beautiful!

Cathy said...

It's gorgeous! Bright and happy and very tropical sunshine-y. And I love the quilting!