Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday's DIY

...back inside. Today's main house project was applying an enhancer on the slate tile. I have tried two other enhancers before moving in two years ago but I was not happy with the results. I decided to look the other day at a home improvement center and found a new enhancer to try. So far I am encouraged. The back half of this space has the enhancer on the tiles. We'll see how it looks tomorrow morning after it has completely dried. 


The trees have a little more green on them since yesterday. It seems like the leaves pop out in the blink of an eye.


Getting close to finishing the hand quilting on the this stocking.


I did actually get on my machine last night and finished half of the blocks for my Batiki Argyle quilt.


I have been paying special attention toward spinning open the intersections...tedious but I think I will be very happy I did that when I quilt it.


It is fun for me to hear from those of you who have cooler temps than Alaska...believe me...this is not normal for us! I am worried this might be the best weather of the "summer." Sometimes that happens!

I am linking up with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday. I am so encouraged I am almost done with the quilting on the stocking that has been sitting in a box for several years...waiting.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think your hand quilting is wonderful! I didn't realized you ever did that too. Love the scenery photos - I really need to go to Alaska again one day and see more than what you do from a cruise ship LOL - although we did see some things from side trips but not enough of course

Linda Enneking said...

I tried spinning the intersections on the quilt I am doing now.
It really did help
make the centers lie nice and
flat. Mine don't look nearly as neat as yours, I just couldn't
get the hang of it. My quilt has
pinwheel blocks, so there is
extra bulk in the seams where the
points intersect. That is my
excuse anyway. Love reading your
blog and learning about Paris and
Alaska along with your quilting
and household projects.