Sunday, November 23, 2014

Odds and Ends

Our last day in London we did a little shopping and all of the sudden I saw this store decorated with antique sewing machines. I have seen pictures of this store on other blogs but I actually stumbled into one. Called, "All Saints," it is a remake of an older, established British men's clothier, "Spitalfields."


Talk about taking a theme and running with it!


I felt like I was in a sewing machine museum. The salesman told me they have a New York store with 793 machines. Now that is some serious collecting. When they change their decorating scheme I would like to know so I can grab several!!!


My sewing machine has been working on creating rows. 


Maybe I will finish the Christmas wall hanging by Thanksgiving. Starting a red  and white checked inner border.


Today on my walk along the Seine, I was just about to turn the corner and head home when I heard the distinct clippity-clopping of horses. I think it is part of a protest in France about an increase in the country's "Stable Tax," from 7% to 20%.

I got to see a lot of beautiful horses. I just never know what I am going to see on my walks.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful shop to stumble upon!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a store to stumble on - I saw some photos of the New York store on someone's blog. The horses are wonderful to see!

Karen L. said...

There is one of those stores in Seattle also. They don't sell the machines but I sure would love to see so many of them all in one place. Wonder where they get them all and if any of them actually work? What a great experience you are having!!!