Sunday, December 21, 2014

Jolly Good Time

More great weather on my recent trip to London! We did the Tower of London, HMS Belfast, Borough Market, West End theater performance, Winston Churchill War Rooms, walked across the Millennium bridge, hung out at Trafalgar Square and shopped in the Leicester Square area and visited the Natural History Museum. All of that in just two nights and three days. 


Almost as soon as my son arrived in Paris, we boarded a train for London. He wanted to see, "The Book of Mormon," and with the holidays upon us we just squeezed it in.

I accomplished my goal...find adorable Christmas ornaments.


We had two hours to kill before our train left on Saturday afternoon so we hiked off toward Buckingham Palace. Seems the British have their own version of the Arc de Triomphe, the Wellington Arch, which celebrates the Duke of Wellington's victory in the Napoleonic War.


The Palace itself wasn't too pretty...I think it needed some holiday cheer.


Across from the palace is this memorial to Queen Victoria.


The train ride to and from London is always a good time to catch up on some cross stitch.


I did finish another Bucilla bowling ornament before we left for London.


It is rather difficult to top the first three days of my son's visit with us. I suppose we could use a quiet day or two to come up with an itinerary for Paris.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that palace looks more like a government building than what I picture as a palace - I have seen photos of some really lovely ones. so nice to have had time with one of your sons.