Sunday, January 11, 2015

Part Two of Quilters Gathering

As promised, more quilty goodies to see. Next were Cécile's quilts. This first one was very contemporary but with a traditional twist. She appliquéd by hand all of the circles and it is hand quilted.


I really have an interest in doing a double wedding ring someday...I should embrace this notion of doing smaller quilts because then I could make even more quilts! Cécile's version is hand pieced and quilted.


I believe this is another small quilt from the book, "Small Treasures from Scraps." It is hard to tell in this picture but it is a small quilt...tiny little triangles.


Machine pieced and hand quilted. A bigger quilt!


A log cabin pattern...also machine pieced and hand quilted...I think you can see the circular quilting pattern fairly well...it complements the block design very well.


Another sweet mini quilt.


I know it is hard to believe but there were still a few quilts I hadn't seen of Christelle's. Her husband was able to have lunch with us and the next three quilt projects are ones Christelle made for him. He had some quilty show and tell too!

This is a lap-sized quilt with crazy quilting stitches along each arc....each is different. This is a quilt you could look at for a long time. All done by hand.


An example of Sashiko stitching.


Christelle's husband was recently working at NATO and she made this star block to commemorate his time with NATO. But...the quilting husband has an eye for design. He didn't like the center star colors of yellow and orange resting on top of the red...so this became the back side.


He liked this version much better! It is batiks so I think it is stunning!


I have yet more to share which I am going to turn into a third part. We actually put our hands to a  unique French project. Meanwhile, I am going to try and finish it up before I post tomorrow!

5 comments:

Béa said...

Wow girls, wonderful work !

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful work on all of them

Christelle said...

Yeah it seems ages ago I tried to work on our project on wednesday but I'm Charlie... I was out walking and not alone^^ Christine did it in Venise too.
I hope this week will be more peacefull!

CecileD said...

Out...it makes me funny and unusual to see my quilts on another blog !! Thank you again Debbie for sharing !!
Xoxo

Donna quilts said...

Just read both days of show and tell - wow! Some lovely quilts!