Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Decision Made

Thank you! I love all the input I got on my border dilemma. I took Carol's advice from The Polka Dot Chicken and worked on something entirely different...a cross stitch ornament.


While my mind wandered...I decided the little pinwheels where just not relating to the main pattern like I had envisioned so I got rid of them. I also had very little background fabric to work with which meant a smaller border.

The version I'm going with...


I just finished cutting out fabrics for the remaining pieces. I have one, 2 1/2-inch strip of the background fabric left after cutting all the border pieces. What a relief! It is always a challenge to figure out how to get my ideas to work with the EQ program. I did not cut a ton of 2 1/2-inch squares to make the border pieces...I just had to draw it that way to make it work in EQ...the border portion of the program is a bit limiting on what you can introduce. I really need to learn how to use the custom quilt portion of the EQ program. Can't beat the ability to use the actual fabrics in the layout. I bought one of EQ's stash programs that was all batiks from last year to add to the programs fabric library. I can get JPEG images of all the Moda fabrics from the Moda website. I wish all the fabric manufacturers offered the images to download.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the quilt - that border suits it perfectly. I seem to recall that in EQ from one of the times I used it that when I was trying to design something I ended up with a lot of squares.

CecileD said...

Yes ! You took the right decision !!
Your quilt is going to be gorgeous.....
xoxo

Cocopatch said...

EQ is a good help! this border is a good choice!