Thursday, June 8, 2017

My Real Fear...


I know...
this is absolutely the most adorable picture...
but I've seen this mama bear the past two years in my yard. 
We were hoping she was past her cub-bearing years. 
Not so!

The above photo was taken by a neighbor. She was at the bottom of our mountain, near our mailboxes, when this photo was taken. About a quarter of a mile from my house.

Below is a photo of her in my yard, May of 2016.


And there is a second grizzly sow with two cubs that was in my neighbor's backyard last month. The photo was taken with a motion sensitive trail camera. This neighbor lives directly across the street from me.


I woke at 5:30 a.m. this morning to the dogs going crazy because there was a black bear on our deck.

Bears everywhere!

5 comments:

CecileD said...

Oh wow ! Be careful.....I can understand your fear !

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I would be kind of nervous of walking to the mailbox :) in fact I would probably be driving to the mailbox. with bear all over the place like this how do you get anything done in the yard? I would think you need eyes on the back of your head!

Kathy Schwartz said...

That's a lot of bears to be dealing with! I have only caught foxes on my trail camera so far this year.

Donna quilts said...

You're right. That first picture is adorable.
Good thing you've got your canine alarm system!

Sally said...

Yikes! Don't need to tell you to be careful...the pictures are adorable but one needs to keep their distance...mama bears are fierce!